PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS
From small to large businesses, we protect it all. We'll help you navigate the various types of coverages and help you get what you need so your business is protected. See below to learn more about the various coverages we offer.
Commercial Property Insurance is important for every business to have and protects your company's assets, including:
- Business property (contents)
- Property of others that business has in its custody
- Business Income (Income impacted as a result of a loss.)
- Attached machinery and equipment, outdoor fixtures, items used to service the property
- Rented property that the business insures
Specialized commercial property policies are available for buildings that are under construction and commercial condominium owners and associations.
General liability protects you against losses to third parties. General liability coverage typically includes:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage to others
- Personal and advertising injury
- Medical payments to third parties
- Fire liability for rented spaces
- Business products and completed operations
Ideal for small- to medium-sized businesses, Business Owners insurance offers a pre-packaged property and liability policy. The policy offers practical enhancement coverages that are either automatically included or offered at a lower price. This policy is available for select businesses and eligibility requirements apply.
Workers' compensation insurance protects employees who are injured on the job. This insurance is required by New York State. Statutory limits and above are available.
NYS Disability protects your business from liability as a result of an employee's injury or sickness. This coverage includes pregnancy and payment to injured workers for a determined amount of time.
Umbrella insurance provides extra coverage up to and over your business’s primary (“underlying”) policy coverage once the primary policy limits have been exhausted. An umbrella policy can go over general liability, commercial auto and professional liability policies.
Commercial auto insurance protects your business against losses from the use of autos as part of your operations:
- Damage to the vehicle
- Driver injury or death
- Loss or damage to a third party's property or vehicle
In addition, special commercial auto insurance is available for truckers, auto garages and auto dealers.
Bonds, also known as "good faith and measure of integrity" are issued to guarantee that certain duties or obligations are fulfilled. Bonds are written to a specified "penalty" amount that the bonding company pays if the obligation is not fulfilled.
Types of bonds include:
- License and permit
- Labor and materials
Cyber Liability covers a business for a data breach involving sensitive customer information.
Directors and Officers liability (also known as D&O) covers individuals against claims while they are serving as officers in a corporation or on a board of directors.
Directors and Officers insurance covers
- A corporation's directors and officers when the company cannot compensate the individuals
- A corporation when it compensates the individuals
- Coverage allocation between directors and officers and the insured organization
Errors and Ommissions (also known as E&O) protects businesses and their employees against claims for inadequate work or negligence.
If your business serves alcohol, liquor liability protects you against damage or injuries caused by intoxicated patrons.